[Python-ideas] Thread IPC idea: Quipe? Sockqueue? (Re: Python and Concurrency)

Ron Adam rrr at ronadam.com
Thu Apr 12 20:10:52 CEST 2007

Jim Jewett wrote:
> On 4/1/07, Ron Adam <rrr at ronadam.com> wrote:
>> Jim Jewett wrote:
>
>>  > And there is where it starts to fall apart.  Though if you look at the
>>  > pypy dict and interpreter optimizations, they have started to deal
>>  > with it through versioning types.
>>
>> I didn't find anything about "versioning" at these links. Did I miss it?
>
>> http://codespeak.net/pypy/dist/pypy/doc/interpreter-optimizations.html#multi-dicts
>>

>>  >
>> http://codespeak.net/pypy/dist/pypy/doc/interpreter-optimizations.html#id23
>>

> Sorry; I wasn't pointing to enough of the document.
>
> http://codespeak.net/pypy/dist/pypy/doc/interpreter-optimizations.html
>
> discussed versions under method caching, just above the Interpreter
> Optimizations section.

Thanks, Found it.   (Been busy with other things.)

I may also depend on what abstraction level is desired.  A high level of
abstraction would hide all of this under the covers and it would be done
transparently.  A lower level would provide the tools needed to do it with,
but also have the property of "if it hurts, don't do that."

Ron