[Python-ideas] Implicit String Concatenation

Greg Ewing greg.ewing at canterbury.ac.nz
Fri Apr 13 02:16:42 CEST 2007

Jim Jewett wrote:

> For doctests, mainly, so a consistent change would be OK ...  but
> triple quoted strings are supposed to be almost exactly WYSIWYG.

But they're *not* WYSIWYG, according to what you
naturally "see" when looking at the code.

Not sure about anyone else, but what I see is
some lines of text that happen to be indented
because the're part of a code block. I don't
see the indentation as being an intended part
of the string.

Does anyone have a use case where they *need*
the indentation to be preserved? (As opposed
to just not caring whether it's there or not.)

--
Greg