[Python-ideas] Object adaptation and interfaces and so forth

Adam Atlas adam at atlas.st
Mon Apr 23 05:22:36 CEST 2007

(Not exactly an idea post, but I don't want to bother python-dev or
python-3000 with this.)

PEP 246 was rejected a year or so ago, and Guido's rejection note
stated "Something much better is about to happen; it's too early to
say exactly what, but it's not going to resemble the proposal in this
PEP." Does anyone know if anything has gone on with this concept
since then? It seems like it has a lot of really interesting
potential, although I do see why PEP 246's specific proposal was
rejected. It's just the "Something much better is about to happen"
that got me curious -- is it happening yet? :)