[Python-ideas] Javascript Destructuring Assignment

Jason Orendorff jason.orendorff at gmail.com
Tue Mar 6 04:17:22 CET 2007

To me, the interesting development on the JavaScript front is Tamarin,
the new JavaScript VM contributed by Adobe.  Tamarin contains a
just-in-time compiler.

I don't know how many people here have seriously looked at the
JavaScript engine, but it's not *that* different from Python.  I know
compiling to machine code has been discussed here, and the consensus
is that it's not worth it.  I'm wondering: how can this be right for
JavaScript and wrong for Python?  Is Mozilla making a mistake?

-j