[Python-ideas] Javascript Destructuring Assignment

Greg Ewing greg.ewing at canterbury.ac.nz
Tue Mar 6 23:20:36 CET 2007

Jason Orendorff wrote:
> Tamarin contains a just-in-time compiler.
>
> I'm wondering: how can this be right for
> JavaScript and wrong for Python?

Javascript is a much simpler language than Python,
with far fewer potential data types. Maybe that
makes it easier to compile efficiently. Most
likely it makes the task of writing a compiler
much easier.

Or, who knows, maybe it isn't right for Javascript
either. Just because someone does something
doesn't necessarily mean it's a good idea.

--
Greg