[Python-ideas] parameter omit

Steven Bethard steven.bethard at gmail.com
Fri May 11 09:06:23 CEST 2007

Steven Bethard [mailto:steven.bethard at gmail.com]

On 5/11/07, Aaron Brady <castironpi at comcast.net> wrote:
> Nope, routine object.  I defined it earlier:
>
> paramdefault= object()

Yes, but how is it going to *work*?  Say I wrote the function::

    def foo(bar=1, baz=2):
        print bar, baz

Now if I call that like::

    foo(bar=paramdefault, baz=paramdefault)

I'm going to see something like::

    <object object at 0x009A0468> <object object at 0x009A0468>

Is that really what you want?  I thought you wanted this to work for
all functions...

STeve
        --- Bucky Katt, Get Fuzzy