[Python-ideas] SQL-like way to manipulate Python data structures

Steve Howell showell30 at yahoo.com
Mon May 28 23:57:44 CEST 2007

--- Aahz <aahz at pythoncraft.com> wrote:

> What's wrong with sqlite?

Nothing, but I want Python itself to give me the SQL
syntax to manipulate lists-of-dictionaries like lists
of dictionaries, without having to go through some a
module.

In the example that I gave earlier in the thread, what
would the sqlite solution look like?  To transform any
particular list of dicitionaries into another list of
dictionaries, would I have to do a create-table in
sqlite, or does it already have some kind of mode
where it can work directly on a Python dataset?