[Python-ideas] proposal to add rowexpr as a keyword

Steve Howell showell30 at yahoo.com
Tue May 29 23:38:17 CEST 2007

Guys, please don't judge me too harshly on the basis
of a quick sketch of an idea.  I'm obviously skimming
over a lot of ideas in a quick pass.  FWIW I've built
virtual machines before, and way back I worked at
Oracle and at times had to debug their PL/SQL
implementation, so it's not like I don't understand
what I'm asking for.

I am also fully aware of Python's culture and have
fought against frivolous language additions myself,
although I'm biased like everybody else by own
experience, so one person's frivolous is another
person's can't-live-without-it.

I will respond to the main technical objection--how to
scope these--in a separate reply.

Thanks.

____________________________________________________________________________________Be a better Globetrotter. Get better travel answers from someone who knows. Yahoo! Answers - Check it out.