[Python-ideas] SQL-like way to manipulate Python data structures

Steve Howell showell30 at yahoo.com
Wed May 30 00:05:50 CEST 2007

--- Stargaming <stargaming at gmail.com> wrote:

> Steve Howell schrieb:
> > --- Aahz <aahz at pythoncraft.com> wrote:
> >
> >>What's wrong with sqlite?
> >

> > Nothing, but I want Python itself to give me the
> SQL
> > syntax to manipulate lists-of-dictionaries like
> lists
> > of dictionaries, without having to go through some
> > module.
>
> And how would all those DBs adapt? With yet another
> interface?

Where did I ever propose eliminating the interfaces
that DB adapters already have?  Or where did I propose
any requirement to interface to the SQL syntax?

The DB adapters would continue to move data from
external/local databases to lists-of-dictionaries,
objects, etc., as they do now.  I'm just saying that
once you pull data into Python, you should continue to
have the option to manipulate relational data with
SQL.  Presumbably most people who use SQL databases
already have to understand the syntax anyway.  And
those that don't can simply ignore it.