[Python-ideas] proposal to add rowexpr as a keyword

Greg Ewing greg.ewing at canterbury.ac.nz
Thu May 31 03:59:25 CEST 2007

Steve Howell wrote:
> I don't mean to oversimplify this, which is why I'm
> batting it around on a forum with a lot of smart
> people.  But clearly it could be done.  Whether it
> *should* be done is, of course, a question for debate,
> and I accept this.

My objection this idea is that it's going in the
opposite direction to what I'd like to see. In my
opinion, having to embed one programming language
inside another leads to ugly code.

I would rather have an elegant way to deal with
relational databases by writing Python code *instead*
of SQL, than yet another mechanism for embedding
SQL in Python.

University of Canterbury,	   | Carpe post meridiem!          	  |
Christchurch, New Zealand	   | (I'm not a morning person.)          |