[Python-ideas] Fast global cacheless lookup

Facundo Batista facundobatista at gmail.com
Thu Nov 22 18:26:05 CET 2007

2007/11/22, Neil Toronto <ntoronto at cs.byu.edu>:

> Figures. I couldn't get it through svn because my university has a
> transparent proxy that doesn't like REPORT requests. Is there any chance
> of getting https enabled at svn.python.org sometime so I don't have to
> stick to snapshots?

I have the same problem in the virtualized Ubuntu at work, but...

1. I create a dynamic tunnel with SSH to the machine at home.

2. Execute svn with tsocks, actually sending the SVN traffic through
the tunnel (that acts like a SOCKS proxy).

Here is a detailed how to, but in Spanish:

    http://www.taniquetil.com.ar/plog/post/1/303

If you can access other machine with SSH, feel free to contact me
directly if need help to set up something like this.

Regards,

--
.    Facundo

PyAr: http://www.python.org/ar/