[Python-ideas] raw strings

Greg Ewing greg.ewing at canterbury.ac.nz
Tue Oct 2 03:16:37 CEST 2007

Clark Maurer wrote:
> Quote-doubling is a
> mechanism which should be used ONLY for raw strings.

But there would be two quoting mechanisms in the *language*,
and you would have to remember which type of string used
which.

> This would be consistent with C#, REXX, and Slick-C.
 > It's very natural to me.

But *un*-natural to anyone not familiar with those
languages, and confusing to anyone expecting consistency
between one kind of string and another within the
same language.

University of Canterbury,	   | Carpe post meridiem!          	  |
Christchurch, New Zealand	   | (I'm not a morning person.)          |