[Python-ideas] raw strings

Steven Bethard steven.bethard at gmail.com
Tue Oct 2 06:28:14 CEST 2007

On 10/1/07, Greg Ewing <greg.ewing at canterbury.ac.nz> wrote:
> Steven Bethard wrote:
> > I write quite a few Windows paths, and
> > probably make the final-backslash mistake once a week.
>
> If you were using os.path.join(), as you should be,
> you wouldn't ever have to write a trailing backslash
> in a path in the first place. Or any backslashes at
> all, for that matter.

Sure, but why would I waste my time with that at the interactive
prompt?  I'm trying to get something done quickly.  I can copy-paste
from just about anywhere something like this::

C:\Documents and Settings\...\My
Documents\projects\causals\treebank-verb-conj-801-1100.xml

If I have to use os.path.join, it'll take me 10 times as long to input it.

STeVe
        --- Bucky Katt, Get Fuzzy