[Python-ideas] New PEP proposal: C Micro-Threading (ala Twisted) (long!)

Aahz aahz at pythoncraft.com
Sun Aug 3 15:44:47 CEST 2008

On Sat, Aug 02, 2008, Bruce Frederiksen wrote:

> Here is a proposal for making the benefits of Twisted available without
> having to write python code in an event driven style.

This overall looks good, but I would suggest re-arranging a bit to put
the gory C-level details later and substitute an overview where you
currently have the gory details.  Even if your PEP is not accepted,
you've done a tremendous job writing up this proposal, one that will
serve as useful documentation for other people.  I think you might as
well go ahead and post your next draft to comp.lang.python in addition
to python-ideas -- you'll get more feedback that way.

Side note: I hope you already know this won't get into 2.6/3.0 -- they
are in beta.

> (I'm not sure whether this list accepts HTML, so am just copying plain
> text -- you may want to run rst2html on this)...

Definitely reST is preferred over HTML.

Adopt A Process -- stop killing all your children!