[Python-ideas] PEP: Shorthand Symbol for "self"

Andrew Akira Toulouse andrew at atoulou.se
Mon Aug 25 08:45:57 CEST 2008

Then what of the notion that you are not too simple-minded to adapt to a
simple notational convention? Or your conjecture that Python programmers are
too accustomed to 'self.' to see it for the clutter it is. Could I not, by
the same reasoning, say that you are too accustomed to $ to see its
arbitrary and highly overloaded meaning? Could you not become accustomed to
'self.' if you give it a chance? I think you could.

--Andy

(sorry Russ for the double-email, I forgot to reply-all)