[Python-ideas] Decimal literal?

Chris Rebert clp at rebertia.com
Mon Dec 8 06:04:07 CET 2008

Ok, so just to summarize should anyone bring up this same issue again
and come upon this thread:

* Decimal literals are a possibly good idea, but a fast C
implementation with a Python-compatible license (which as of this
writing does not yet exist) would be a necessary prerequisite
* Making decimals the default instead of floats would be controversial
to say the least and would definitely require further
analysis+discussion

Cheers,
Chris

--