[Python-ideas] This seems like a wart to me...

Raymond Hettinger python at rcn.com
Fri Dec 12 10:35:33 CET 2008

From: "Carl Johnson" <carl at carlsensei.com>
> And I still don't know how to write regexs, ...

Maybe you should learn some of the fundamental tools provided by the langauge before you get in the business of demanding that the
language be changed.

Regexes occur in other languages and some command-line tools.  Taking a little time to learn them will provide you with a life long
skill that will serve you well in a number of contexts.  This is doubly true in your case (since you've show an interest in text
processing).

Raymond