[Python-ideas] "While" suggestion

Andrew Akira Toulouse andrew at atoulou.se
Tue Jul 29 18:55:05 CEST 2008

Point taken -- it's a very valid point, but at the same time building an
unnecessary list isn't really all that good-looking. Being able to do
query-like things is very useful, and I'd prefer to do it as close to the
Python core as possible, rather than (for example) creating a in-memory
sqlite database or something. LINQ, I think, somewhat validates this point
of view. I feel that an integrated way to query data would be a useful
addition. List comprehensions seem to be the natural Pythonic way to do
this, but if you can think of something better...