[Python-ideas] "While" suggestion

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Tue Jul 29 23:19:00 CEST 2008

Roman Susi wrote:

> Python already has dict/list literals + list comprehensions.

Better to think that Python has generator expressions which can be used
in list, set, and dict comprehensions (the latter two in 3.0 and maybe 2.6).

> universal functional syntax could be used for the same things if only
> Python easier "laziness", because all those proposed untils and while
> could be then simply realized as functions.

Generator functions using loops and alternation are easy laziness for
cases not easily abbreviated  by generator expressions.  I see no reason
to complicate the language with new keywords.

tjr