[Python-ideas] Small nice addition to rlcompleter

Facundo Batista facundobatista at gmail.com
Tue Jun 24 20:30:22 CEST 2008

2008/6/24 Leonardo Santagada <santagada at gmail.com>:

> Why not make a pep about something bigger then? I think python needs a more
> complete interactive interpreter... something that would work right after
> installing python. I think the language strives to be easy and with a smooth
> learning curve, this could probably help.

+1.

Note, though, that it's not as easy as it sounds. For example, note
that the very useful and simple behaviour of doing up-arrow and
bringing the last line, is not handled by Python code, but by the
external library readline.

My point is: you can propose a lot of things (I surely will love
autocompletion and better block management), but how would you achieve
that in a multiplatform way?

Thanks!

--
. Facundo