[Python-ideas] Reducing colon uses to increase readability

Mathias Panzenböck grosser.meister.morti at gmx.net
Mon Jun 30 15:13:33 CEST 2008

The only place where I think : could be problematic is slicing. Other than that I
don't see any problem.

maybe this syntax would be better?
sequence[start..end,step]
sequence[start..,step]
sequence[..end,step]
sequence[start..end]

Well, but the , would be problematic. How to distinguish between the tuple
((start..end),step) and the slice object (start..end,step)?

So this syntax isn't a good idea either.
However, I think ".." is much better than ":".

But changing this syntax is way to problematic. This should have been done/thought
about before the syntax was introduced. Now it's to late anyway. (And the current
syntax isn't *that* bad.)

	-panzi