[Python-ideas] cross platform memory usage high water mark for improved gc?

Adam Olsen rhamph at gmail.com
Tue Mar 11 20:08:37 CET 2008

On Tue, Mar 11, 2008 at 11:20 AM, Aaron Watters <aaron.watters at gmail.com> wrote:
> > It sounds plausible to me.
> >
> > But have you tried just tweaking the threshold?  Surely there's a
> > value at which it performs well, and that'd need to be within your
> > maximum anyway.
>
> In that case it works best when gc is disabled.
> If I add a new feature, the gc requirements may
> change completely without me realizing it.
> I'm interested in not having to think about it :).

You're concerned that a new feature may increase how high of a
threshold you need, yet it could also exceed the "maximum" of your
adaptive scheme.

I'm not convinced you need that high of a threshold anyway.  I'd like
to see a benchmark showing how your app performs at different levels.

--
Adam Olsen, aka Rhamphoryncus