[Python-ideas] Preparing an existing RPC mechanism for the standard library

Bill Janssen janssen at parc.com
Mon Mar 24 19:24:38 CET 2008

> I'm considering the inclusion of rpyc, with appropriate changes
> (possibly lots). And would like to know your opinions towards this.

Might think about reviving the ILU kernel (just the runtime, not the
stubbers) as a Python-only module.  Open source, pretty complete
bindings to Python, multithreaded, threadsafe, etc., etc.  On the
other hand, I haven't even compiled it in 6 years :-).  The key
advantage would be that ILU speaks a number of different RPC protocols
under the covers, and it's straightforward to add new ones.  I'd love
to see our implementation of wmux (a way of multiplexing multiple
virtual connections, in either direction, over a single TCP
connection) actually in use.

http://www2.parc.com/istl/projects/ILU/

Bill