[Python-ideas] Preparing an existing RPC mechanism for the standard library

tomer filiba tomerfiliba at gmail.com
Tue Mar 25 12:18:52 CET 2008

hi all.

i don't feel i may join in this discussion as i'm certainly biased,
but i don't want to just leave it on the wall. for those of you who
haven't heard of rpyc, here's a link: http://rpyc.wikispaces.com/
and a short demo/tutorial at http://rpyc.wikispaces.com/tutorial

i can bring many use cases that demonstrate rpyc's superiority over
other RPC mechanism, but then again, rpyc has its drawbacks too
(mainly security and frequent IOs). i can make a list of both pros
and cons, but i don't see how it could advance this discussion.

just some final words, as guilherme has said, i am now actively
working on rpyc3.0. in fact the core (parallel to rpyc2.6) is already
stable and quite tested (you can find it on the svn), but if any
attempt is made to integrate rpyc into the stdlib, it should wait
until the final 3.0 release.

-tomer