[Python-ideas] Python Object Notation (PyON)

Bruce Leban bruce at leapyear.org
Sat Nov 1 21:29:23 CET 2008

YAML does support type tagging (with ! and !!) so I think a good approach to
consider here would be defining a subset of YAML specifically for python

Furthermore, is there any reason this wouldn't be best integrated with
pickle? That is, when I pickle an object, I could specify that it be in
"Pyon" format (or maybe "Pyckle") and when I unpickle, it automatically
accepts any format?

--- Bruce