[Python-ideas] Recognise __init__.so

Guido van Rossum guido at python.org
Fri Oct 31 16:06:21 CET 2008

This was a shortcut when we couldn't think of a reason why people
would ever have a __init__.so. Feel free to submit a patch but keep in
mind that there are probably a bunch of different places in tools (not
necessarily under our control) that also make this check. Why not have
an __init__.py that imports _initialize.so or something?