[Python-ideas] Statements vs Expressions... why?

Leonardo Santagada santagada at gmail.com
Fri Sep 12 16:59:07 CEST 2008

On Sep 12, 2008, at 11:41 AM, Cliff Wells wrote:

> Fair enough.  I simply think there's a larger philosophical issue: is
> the potential for deeply nested code a greater concern than an
> ever-expanding suite of special-case constructs?  That needs to be
> agreed on before deciding on a specific way of addressing it.

I love some of the constructs of python like list comprehension but
yes the new "if" construct don't strike me as a nice adition. And
maybe your solution is a good one, but I will have to see it working.
If you want to alter pypy to do it you will probably have to improve
the parser generator that is being used right now, but you can also
try to do it on ironpython or jython.