[Python-ideas] x=(yield from) confusion [was:Yet another alternative name for yield-from]

Greg Ewing greg.ewing at canterbury.ac.nz
Sat Apr 4 03:15:59 CEST 2009

Jim Jewett wrote:

> err... I didn't mean both directions, I meant "from the callee to the
> caller as a yielded value" and "from the callee to the caller as a
> final return value that can't be yielded normally."

I think perhaps we're misunderstanding each other. You
seemed to be saying that the only time you would want
a generator to return a value is when you were also
using it to either send or receive values using yield,
and I was just pointing out that's not true.

If that's not what you meant, you'll have to explain
more clearly what you do mean.

--
Greg