[Python-ideas] x=(yield from) confusion [was:Yet another alternative name for yield-from]

Greg Ewing greg.ewing at canterbury.ac.nz
Fri Apr 10 14:01:21 CEST 2009

Jacob Holm wrote:
> am saying that there are examples where it is desirable to move one of
> the arguments that this form of refactoring forces you to put in the
> constructor so it instead becomes the argument of the first send.

I'm having trouble seeing circumstances in which you
would need to do that. Can you provide an example
in the form of

(a) a piece of unfactored code

(b) a desired refactoring

(c) an explanation of why the desired refactoring
     can't conveniently be done using an unprimed
     generator and plain yield-from.

--
Greg