[Python-ideas] keywording prohibited

spir denis.spir at free.fr
Thu Apr 23 09:48:35 CEST 2009

Hello,

I have noticed a rather strong and nearly systematic opposition to (new) keywords. Cannot really figure out why. Would someone clearly expose the reasoning behind keeping the keyword set as small as possible? (I thought at not preventing users to use the same words as names, but this reason does not seem to hold. On the contrary: non-keyword builtins bite painfully!)
Could not find references on the topic -- probably because a search containing "keyword" returns loads of unrelated stuff.

Denis
------
la vita e estrany