[Python-ideas] pep 312 - implicit lambdas idea

Bruce Leban bruce at leapyear.org
Sat Aug 8 08:55:43 CEST 2009

I notice you said "args" not "arg". How would you parse foo(x, y -> x + y)?
Even if the compiler can parse it, how about the human reading the code?

If lambda wasn't already there, I could see using (args) -> expr syntax but
I think there shouldn't be two ways to do something so simple.

If you really want a shorter syntax, the obvious choice is foo(λx, y: x +
y).

--- Bruce