[Python-ideas] exception based conditional expression, similar to if-else conditional expression

Masklinn masklinn at masklinn.net
Thu Aug 20 13:17:08 CEST 2009

On 20 Aug 2009, at 01:07 , Jeff McAninch wrote:
> I would like to propose an expression, similar to the if-else
> expression,
> that responds to exceptions.
-1, if this goes through it will be extended to all other compound
statements over time and we'll end up with 2 or 3 ways to do every
thing.

A much better idea would be to find a way to make all compound
statements into expressions, future-proofing the decision and avoiding
the redundancy between "compound statement statement" and "compound
statement expression".