[Python-ideas] expose {set,get}res{uid,gid} in posixmodule.c

travis+ml-python-ideas at subspacefield.org travis+ml-python-ideas at subspacefield.org
Mon Aug 24 22:14:58 CEST 2009

So there has been a little discussion on the python mailing list regarding
a request I had to expose {set,get}res{uid,gid}.

The general consensus there is that even though it isn't a POSIX standard,
it is shared among many Unix OSes and belongs in the same module as setuid
and friends, namely os, which maps to posixmodule.c

Previous discusion and background as to why this is desirable:
http://bugs.python.org/issue6508

If this is the Right Way to do it, I'll brush up on autotools and see
about submitting a patch...
--
Obama Nation | My emails do not have attachments; it's a digital signature
that your mail program doesn't understand. | http://www.subspacefield.org/~travis/