[Python-ideas] Making colons optional?

Steven D'Aprano steve at pearwood.info
Sun Feb 8 09:11:48 CET 2009

Riobard Zhan wrote:

> I know it is nearly impossible even before I posted the
> original proposal. It is very difficult to justify a change for such a
> trivial issue. People will say, "OK, I'm perfectly fine with colons. Why
> bother?" And I cannot come up with anything more compelling than it will
> make the language more consistent and elegant.

You haven't convinced anyone that the change will make the language more
consistent or elegant. Most people who have replied believe that such a
change would make the language FOOLISHLY consistent and LESS elegant.

By all means try to get your idea across, that's what this list is for.
But in the absence of support from anyone else, you probably should
realise that this isn't going anywhere.

--
Steven