[Python-ideas] Making colons optional?

Riobard Zhan yaogzhan at gmail.com
Mon Feb 9 03:35:44 CET 2009

On 8-Feb-09, at 4:43 AM, Mike Meyer wrote:
>> Wait a minute... What do you mean by a "list" of statements? Is this
>> one list of length 2, or two lists of length 1?
>>
>> a = 1
>> b = 2
>
> Two lists of length one. Each list is terminated by the new line.

If you think the above code is composed of two lists of length 1
instead of one list of length 2, then I guess probably we have
completely different views of how to group things as a list. That
probably explained why I feel very strange about your definition in
the beginning.

I'm not going to argue with you on this. I might never see the point
of thinking the following code

a = 1; b = 2
c = 3

as a list of length 2 + a list of length 1, instead of a list of
length 3. If I take your approach, I might treat

[a, b,
c]

as two lists, too.