[Python-ideas] Draft PEP: Standard daemon process library

Ben Finney ben+python at benfinney.id.au
Tue Jan 27 01:51:16 CET 2009

Jerry Seutter writes:

> It would be nice if this functionality could work on windows machine
> as well as unix flavors.

My knowledge of programming on Windows is quite limited. AIUI, the
steps required to make a Windows program into a daemon process are
markedly different from the canonical Stevens procedure, correct?

In that case, how would an implementation on Windows need to change
the API given in this PEP?

 \     “I wish there was a knob on the TV to turn up the intelligence. |
  `\          There's a knob called ‘brightness’ but it doesn't work.” |
_o__)                                             —Eugene P. Gallagher |
Ben Finney