[Python-ideas] Draft PEP: Standard daemon process library

Stephen J. Turnbull stephen at xemacs.org
Tue Jan 27 03:13:18 CET 2009

Ben Finney writes:

 > Sure, but before I "finish" the implementation, I want to reach
 > consensus on the suitability of the proposed API. To quote PEP 1:
 >
 >     It is better to finish the specification and rationale first and
 >     reach consensus on it before writing code.

The people who are posting "show us the code" are mostly folks with
long experience in the PEP process.  I think you should take it as an
indication that in this case the definition of "suitable API" is an
"I'll know it when I've tried it" kind of thing.

What you might find useful is to avoid writing any code yourself, but
see how well your proposed spec fits the existing code, of which
several (potential) examples have been posted.