[Python-ideas] Draft PEP: Standard daemon process library

Antoine Pitrou solipsis at pitrou.net
Thu Jan 29 13:53:51 CET 2009

Ben Finney <ben+python at ...> writes:

> Instead, I think that people who want a “service” would be better
> served by a top-level module named ‘service’, to preserve that concept
> as separate from the concept of a daemon.

I may be misstaken, but I think the usual desire is to have *something* which
runs in the background and doesn't get killed when you kill the parent
application or terminal which launched it.

Whatever it is implemented in terms of "daemon", "service" or anything else
doesn't really matter in those cases.