[Python-ideas] Proposal for function expressions

Oleg Broytmann phd at phd.pp.ru
Mon Jul 13 13:13:02 CEST 2009

On Mon, Jul 13, 2009 at 06:51:27AM -0400, Chris Perkins wrote:
>   var callback = function(result) {
>     // 10 lines of code...
>   };
>   make_ajax_call(url, callback);
>
> vs.
>
>   make_ajax_call(url, function(){
>     // 10 lines of code...
>   });

   For me, the latter is unreadable (it's hard to see where is the inner
block, and where is the outer; where are the make_ajax_call's arguments and
where are the function's arguments and body) even if the function is 1-2
line(s) long; if the function's body is longer the style becomes completely
unacceptable for my not so sharp eyes and brain.

Oleg.
     Oleg Broytmann            http://phd.pp.ru/            phd at phd.pp.ru