[Python-ideas] Where-statement (Proposal for function expressions)

Jan Kaliszewski zuo at chopin.edu.pl
Fri Jul 17 02:04:05 CEST 2009

17-07-2009, 00:51 Mike Meyer <mwm-keyword-python.b4bdba at mired.org> wrote:

> That they cause problems with your first attempt at
> describing an implementation certainly isn't reason to disallow them
> all by itself.

But, it isn't a problem of implementation. I don't see any reasonable
*semantics* of return or yield within where-block in proposed form.
return/yield statements seem to be completely unnecessary in this context.
(Of course, I don't say about return/yield statements within functions
defined within where-block).

--
Jan Kaliszewski <zuo at chopin.edu.pl>