[Python-ideas] Where-statement (Proposal for function expressions)

Bill Janssen janssen at parc.com
Sat Jul 18 08:24:36 CEST 2009

Ben Finney <ben+python at benfinney.id.au> wrote:

> That assumes that we only look at program code using such editors, and
> ignores all the time spent looking at the code on paper, on web sites,
> in messages to each other, etc.

Is there a MIME type for Python code?  Something a Web browser or email
client could use to catch Python snippets, and interpose a reasonable
edit/inspect mode for that code?  Still wouldn't help with paper, but
I can imagine other uses for such a registration.

"text/python" seems reasonable, but the registration procedure seems to
suggest "text/prs.python" ("part of products that are not distributed
commercially").

Bill