[Python-ideas] Make all switches keyword-only

Jim Jewett jimjjewett at gmail.com
Mon Jun 29 23:33:02 CEST 2009

On Mon, Jun 29, 2009 at 11:48 AM, Pablo Torres N.<tn.pablo at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello!  This is my first time posting to a python list, so be kind with
> the newbie :-)
>
> >From issue 6372:
>
> "I propose that all formal parameters that really act as
> options/switches be made keyword-only.

It is probably way too late for existing functions.  What you might
propose (but it would still be a long shot) are changes to PEP 8,
which often gets used as a style guide.

You may wish to recommend that
(a)  *future* such functions be keyword-only, and
(b)  current calls be updated to act as though the underlying
functions were keyword-only.

-jJ