[Python-ideas] Cross-platform file locking, PID files , and the "daemon" PEP

Ben Finney ben+python at benfinney.id.au
Fri Mar 6 11:37:23 CET 2009

"Stephen J. Turnbull" <stephen at xemacs.org> writes:

> Ben Finney writes:
>
>  > Skip Montanaro has a PyPI package, ‘lockfile’ (currently marked
>  > "Beta") <URL:http://pypi.python.org/pypi/lockfile> that has such
>  > ambitions.
>
> I would send your proposal for PIDlockfile to Skip. […]

For those people who have asked about the status of this: Yes, I'm
currently working with Skip on the ‘lockfile’ package so that it can
be used for the ‘daemon’ implementation.

--
 \       “Following fashion and the status quo is easy. Thinking about |
  `\        your users' lives and creating something practical is much |