[Python-ideas] Ruby-style Blocks in Python Idea

Aahz aahz at pythoncraft.com
Mon Mar 9 17:16:06 CET 2009

On Mon, Mar 09, 2009, tav wrote:
> Hey Aahz,
>> The trick to getting features for functional programming accepted
>> is to make them look as Pythonic as possible.
> I spent considerable effort to make the using/do statement as Pythonic
> as possible.
> Could you please elaborate on what you don't like about it?

That was a general point.  The specific point was what you cut: your
proposal seems to offer little advantage over a ``def``.  You need to
justify yourself more thoroughly.  Also, because this list is archived,
you should probably include your entire argument here rather than
referring to an external web page.

indirection."  --Butler Lampson