[Python-ideas] Inline assignment expression

Guido van Rossum guido at python.org
Sat Mar 14 15:57:25 CET 2009

If we're going to allow unconstrained assignments inside expressions
why don't we use the same syntax as C, C++, Java, JavaScript etc.?

But I left this out intentionally for a reason. We would need to have
a great deal of evidence that it was a mistake for making a U-turn.

Have a happy discussion,

--Guido <extricates himself>