[Python-ideas] Inline assignment expression

Jervis Whitley jervisau at gmail.com
Sun Mar 15 03:13:54 CET 2009

> Would "4 * 4 == 16 as x" be equivalent to "(4 * 4 == 16) as x" or "4 *
> 4 == (16 as x)"?
>
> Either way, I suspect this is dead in the water, but I guess that
> issue should be clarified.

This is one of the matters for discussion here.
I much prefer the latter, that is the assignment expression has
precedence below that of BoolOp but above BinOp. Cheers.

Try running the patch, if nothing else kicking the tires a bit is a bit of fun
(note that i nominally use '->' instead of 'as' in the patch.)
I know that since writing it, it has been if nothing else, fun, doing
assignments
in expressions.