[Python-ideas] A Continuations Compromise in Python

Greg Ewing greg.ewing at canterbury.ac.nz
Wed May 6 01:16:54 CEST 2009

John Graham wrote:

> In this case, continuation-passing-style would force capturing of this
> state in the same way many 'functional-style' languages capture state,
> immutable state in closures?

Even if it is, I still don't see how the proposed
TCO feature would help here, because it calls the
supplied function *immediately*, which is not what
you want to do.

What you're talking about amounts to running the
session as a coroutine, and what you want to do is
suspend the coroutine until a particular query
comes back from the browser. TCO won't help you
with that.

--
Greg