[Python-ideas] Coloured documentation

Leonardo Santagada santagada at gmail.com
Wed May 6 21:30:36 CEST 2009

On May 6, 2009, at 2:22 PM, Sridhar Ratnakumar wrote:

> On 09-05-06 06:55 AM, Konrad Delong wrote:
>> The documentation underhttp://docs.python.org/  could have different
>> colour schemes for Python 2.5, 2.6, 2.7, 3.0, 3.1 and so on. This way
>> one would know on sight which docs one's reading.
>
> Good idea, although I'd rather have a vertical bar instead of color
> schemes. For example, the vertical bar here,
>
>  http://www.w3.org/TR/2009/PER-xpath-functions-20090421/
>
> that reads "W3V Proposed Edited Recommendation" could read "2.6" in
> slightly bigger font for the Python docs.

I'm +1 for the color bar idea like w3c and also we should just choose
a color palette and then jus choose a color for each new release of
python (and of course the back ones). No color formulas based on
versions please (this would just end up in ugly colors and no one
knowing how to decode the version from the color anyway).

--
Leonardo Santagada
santagada at gmail.com