[Python-ideas] Default arguments in Python - the return

Steven D'Aprano steve at pearwood.info
Sat May 9 13:36:12 CEST 2009

On Sat, 9 May 2009 09:16:46 pm Pascal Chambon wrote:
> Still, an explicit way of targetting "the function I'm in" would be
> sweet imo, but retrieving it that way is not far from being as handy.

There's a rather long discussion on the comp.lang.python newsgroup at
the moment about that exact question. Look for the recent thread
titled "Self function".

If you can't get Usenet and don't like Google Groups, the c.l.py
newsgroup is also available as a python mailing list, and a gmane
mailing list.

--
Steven D'Aprano