[Python-ideas] 80 character line width vs. something wider

Steven D'Aprano steve at pearwood.info
Fri May 22 00:18:40 CEST 2009

On Fri, 22 May 2009 04:42:24 am Raymond Hettinger wrote:
> [Aaron Rubin]
>
> > Around 200 lines of code even within the standard library start at
> > the 10th indentation level (40 characters gone already)
>
> Can you modify your script to show the full distribution (percentage
> of lines at the nth indentation level)?

I'd also like to see some information about the structure of said lines,
e.g. are those 200 lines in a single giant block, or 200 blocks of one
line each, or something in-between?

> Also, I'm curious how much distribution differs between Lib/test vs
> Lib vs Lib/email.

I wonder whether some sort of source code analyser should be included in
the std lib (or perhaps in Tools?).

--
Steven D'Aprano